Application of Artificial Intelligence for the Development of a Personalized Intelligent Crutch (NEUROTIP)
- Lead Researcher: Eva Portillo Pérez - (01/09/2022 - 31/12/2023)
- Research Area: Applications in bioengineering
- Funding Body: Euskampus Fundazioa. Euskampus Missions 2.0 programme
This project presents an intelligent crutch that enables continuous and personalized diagnosis of patients with functional mobility impairment. The proposed solution is based on Neural Sensors and Personalized Diagnostic Virtual Sensors, all of them designed using different Artificial Intelligence techniques, such as Spiking Neural Networks and Anomaly Detection techniques. As a result, a personalized diagnosis will make it easier for therapists to establish better and more precise personalized therapies, with the consequent improvement in the patient's prognosis and quality of life.
Amongst the achievements of the project, we can highlight the following:
- Design of Neural sensors for estimating lateromedial and anteroposterior angles based on both ANN and SNN
- A personalized approach based on Machine Learning for Gait Anomaly Detection using a Sensorized Tip